Camp Eagle Staff Must...
- have a personal, intimate relationship with Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.
- have a Christ Honoring testimony that is growing through consistent Bible study, prayer, witnessing to the lost, and church attendance.
- love the Lord Jesus with all his/her heart and demonstrate this love by service to others within and without the body of believers.
- have good leadership ability and good people skills
- are personable, warm, and friendly
- have good physical stamina
- have a God-given burden to win young people to the Lord Jesus Christ and disciple those who are already born-again believers
- seek to glorify the Lord Jesus Christ in all areas of life
Camp Eagle Staff Salaries and other Benefits
- Above average camp salaries! Camp Eagle Counselors are considered employees of Shenandoah Baptist Church in Roanoke, Virginia. They are paid a weekly salary of $210.00 per week for first time counselors and $225.00 per week for returning counselors. Camp Eagle Staff are paid on the 15th of each month and the last business day of the month. Other staff salaries are based on experience and position.
- Camp weeks start on Monday and end on Friday evenings. Therefore, Camp Eagle Staff enjoy weekends off with the exception of the Children's Overnighter, which dismisses on one Saturday around 5:00pm.
- Meals are provided for out of town counselors at the camp or when with the Camp Director.
- Laundry can be done on the camp property at no charge.